― November 28, 2021
The International Physical Protection Advisory Service (IPPAS) Mission was carried out on 1-12 November 2021 with the participation of the international team of experts formed by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the representatives of the relevant Institutions and Organizations.
International Physical Protection Advisory Service (IPPAS) Mission was carried out on 1-12 November 2021 with the participation of the international team of experts formed by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the representatives of the relevant Institutions and Organizations.
IPPAS Mission started with the opening meeting chaired by the President of the Nuclear Regulatory Authority (NDK), Dr. Zafer DEMİRCAN. During the meeting, the current situation was reviewed by comparing our country's national nuclear security regime, legal and regulatory framework, nuclear security systems and practices according to the relevant international conventions and the IAEA Nuclear Security Guide documents.
The following institutions and organizations participated in the IPPAS Mission:
- The Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- The Energy and Natural Resources Ministry
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Ministry of National Defence
- The Ministry of Interior
- The General Directorate of Security
- The Gendarmerie General Command
- The Coast Guard Command
- The Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure
- The Ministry of Trade
- The Presidential Digital Transformation Office
- The Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency Presidency
- The Energy Market Regulatory Authority
- The Information Technologies and Communications Authority
- The Informatics and Information Security Advanced Technologies Research Center (TUBITAK)
In addition, technical visits were organized to the following facilities within the scope of the IPPAS Mission, and evaluations were made regarding nuclear security:
- TENMAK Nuclear Energy Research Institute
- The Istanbul Technical University,
- Eczacıbaşı Monrol
- Ankara University Radiopharmaceutical Facility
Negotiations were held with Atomtek Nuclear Energy JSC officials regarding the transportation of radioactive materials.
The news about the IPPAS Mission was published on the official website of the IAEA via https://www.iaea.org/newscenter/pressreleases/iaea-completes-nuclear-security-advisory-mission-in-turkey.